Forgot your password?

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

V SHINE Discussion Forum

Should school children...

Should school children carry heavy bags?

Ahmed Alam

Suggested by
Ahmed Alam
Total Views 2721
Total Posts: 101
Published On: Aug 10th 2011
post reply   back
Bookmark and Share
Rameen Khan
yeah good topic i think carrying heavy bags is a kind of punishment this is so sad to hear when teachers ask us to bring more books and copies which are out of timetable because they have to complete our syllabus Rameen Khan
Pakistan
Jun 19th 2016

Berha Irfan
U should hav cabinets if you have H.W copies(I dont) then keep that at home. if the 1st period is english then take your Engish book and copy and you have your pencil case with u all the time then after the periods over go to your locker. we have to take our bag one time which is the first day of school then set everything in your locker and paste the timetable on your locker so you don't forget which book to bring Berha Irfan
Pakistan
Apr 27th 2016

Mahrukh Durrani
well there should be a cabinet for every student so that they can put some books in it Mahrukh Durrani
Pakistan
Sep 4th 2015

Shayan  Hasnain
We should not carry heavy bags we should have lockers Shayan Hasnain
Pakistan
Nov 7th 2013

Rafia Ahmed
THNX ANAM :) Rafia Ahmed
Pakistan
Sep 28th 2013

Anam Abbasi
i agree with Rafia we should not carry heavy bags in this way in all the confusion we can forget our books we can have lockers in which all the school boooks should reamain and homework books we can take home............ Anam Abbasi
Pakistan
Sep 25th 2013

Rafia Ahmed
hey Manal thnx dear for agreeing .... nd we should hav lockers .. we can take our homework copies at home nd remaining books nd copies will b at school!!!!!! Rafia Ahmed
Pakistan
Sep 8th 2013

Yamna Izhar Ahmed
wait, lockers, no use, ask those who have lockers, wat would u do about home work??????? my god we have a trillion of home work everyday!!!!!! no use!!!!!!! ya we could just, sit n relax, just this problem is insolvable. Yamna Izhar Ahmed
Saudi Arabia
Sep 4th 2013

Manal Khalid
i agree with rafia we should hav lockers Manal Khalid
Pakistan
Sep 4th 2013

Yamna Izhar Ahmed
Wait shouldn't teachers or schools discuss this???? because its no use of discussing!!!! Anyways o level students have to carry rocks n not books!!! Yamna Izhar Ahmed
Saudi Arabia
Sep 3rd 2013

Rafia Ahmed
I hav a great idea ...... school's should make different cabinets for students nd students can keep all of their course in that ..... so they wouldn't b carrying heavy bags :):):) well gr8 topic... Rafia Ahmed
Pakistan
Sep 3rd 2013

Minahil Bakhtawar
IF a debate is held on this topic SCHOOL WILL END man, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahaha Minahil Bakhtawar
Pakistan
Jun 16th 2013

Anonymous Writer
no they do not have to but sometimes we need a copy or book we leave at home that's why we must carry it. but if we will carry it today it will help us tomorrow Anonymous Writer
Pakistan
Mar 11th 2013

Amna Faizi
Never ever........... Amna Faizi
Pakistan
Oct 29th 2012

Hadiya Aqeel
never ever Hadiya Aqeel
Pakistan
Jun 18th 2012

Minahil Hasan
THEY SHOULD ALWAYS ASK FOR THE TIMETABLE THEN PREPARE FOR THEIR BAG THEN LIKE ON THURSDAY NO GENERAL SCIENCE SO WE TAKE OUT THE GENERAL SCIENCE BOOK AND COPY Minahil Hasan
Pakistan
Jun 15th 2012

Sarah Zakir
welll !!!!! JUST LEAVE SOME OF THE BOOKS IN UR CLASS DESK ...... THIS IS WHAT I USE 2 DO..... HAHAHAH Sarah Zakir
Pakistan
Feb 27th 2012

Wajeeha Hasnain
i dont knw u fizzah but agree in american schools they do that n it helps a lot students cant say we forgot our math bk etc Wajeeha Hasnain
Pakistan
Jan 15th 2012

Azka Sohail
I completely agree, Fizzah. yeah, there should be seperate lockers for students to keep their belongings there and when they need'em they can always get those...it's really annoying to carry such a heavy bag to school everyday..!!! Azka Sohail
Pakistan
Jan 9th 2012

Fizzah Baig
i think school should made a rule that all notebook n books should be kept in school n v have to just carry r lunch pencil box colour box water bottle n calculator in this way v dnt have to carry heavy svhool bags do you guys agreed with this opinion??? Fizzah Baig
Pakistan
Jan 9th 2012

Simi Queen
if we did not put on heavy bags that not means that we not love studies children should carry their bags according to their energy Simi Queen
Pakistan
Jan 7th 2012

Anas _
I don't think the school children should carry heavy bags because it causes shoulder and back pain. Even doctors say that small children shouldn't carry heavy loads as it might effect their height. So I think every single school should have lockers given to the students so that they put their unnecessary books in the lockers rather than taking them home and making the bag heavy. I think this solution works because my school didn't have lockers before, and they introduce this idea, it worked. I have seen a dramatic change in my back pack and sometimes the bag is really light. So I think every school should have lockers to overcome the heavy backpack problem.. Anas _
Saudi Arabia
Jan 7th 2012

Simi Queen
i love books but thats not meat we put on heavy bags Simi Queen
Pakistan
Jan 5th 2012

USMAN HUSSAIN
no school children should not carry heavy bags...it makes them stressed and they are not consentrated on studies .. USMAN HUSSAIN
Pakistan
Jan 3rd 2012

Hoorulain By:Hoorulain
yes they should i love to carry bags too school cuz i love my books too much Hoorulain By:Hoorulain
Qatar
Dec 30th 2011

Khadijah  Ejaz
No...!! because its very hard to carry a heavy bag..!! Khadijah Ejaz
Saudi Arabia
Dec 30th 2011

Syeda Midhat
I dont think soooo. It depend on us. Syeda Midhat
Pakistan
Dec 27th 2011

Innocent Amara
Depend on how much timetable u have on daily bases.... Innocent Amara
Pakistan
Dec 27th 2011

Anmol Zehrah
All depends on our school's syllabus.... Anmol Zehrah
Pakistan
Dec 24th 2011

Anmol Zehrah
no Anmol Zehrah
Pakistan
Dec 24th 2011

Bismah Sohail
it depends on us..our school management does not say to us to carry heavy bags.it is our duty to keep only esential things in our bag like our books,pencilbox,lunch only..not anything else.. Bismah Sohail
Pakistan
Dec 22nd 2011

Disenchanted. Xx
u should arrange ur bags according 2 the time table .or it can damage ur shoulders. but still if ur bag is not light .u should by a trolley bag. Disenchanted. Xx
United States
Dec 20th 2011

Disenchanted. Xx
u have 2 but i hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :( :( :( :( :( Disenchanted. Xx
United States
Dec 20th 2011

Nimrah Rana
I bleive its no good for kids to take heavy bags to school ! Nimrah Rana
Pakistan
Dec 20th 2011

Nafisa Butt
children should carry light bags with them...... Nafisa Butt
Pakistan
Dec 16th 2011

Afia Quanita
Those who are baaad in studies this is a punishment for them................... Afia Quanita
Pakistan
Nov 30th 2011

Fatima Qadri
no.. Fatima Qadri
Pakistan
Nov 22nd 2011

Syed Zohan Sajid
No they have to prepare there bag according to there time table because if there sholders will damage so there parents will woried.If small child like 4 years old they cannot prepare there according to time table,So there mom or elder sister/brother have set there bags.So they don't have to carreid too much load that will be good for them. PLEASE TAKE CARE Syed Zohan Sajid
Saudi Arabia
Nov 15th 2011

Nouman Aqil
It is not important for school children to always carry heavy bags.It depends on the weight of the books and other things in the bag. They should put their books according to timetable and don"t put extra things in the bag. Nouman Aqil
Pakistan
Nov 14th 2011

Sarah Aquil
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......! The children should carry books according to timetable. my bag is always as light as a feather. because i carry books according to timetable. and it also depends on children. Sarah Aquil
Pakistan
Nov 14th 2011

Zainab  Khan
school children should carry their books according to their timetable..... Zainab Khan
Pakistan
Nov 11th 2011

Mehwish Khan
well , I don't think that children should carry heavy bags daily because it has alot of effects on kids !!! heavy bags destroy their posture they then becomes use to bending down and keeps their body bend , they then start suffering from back ache at very small age which is not at all good !!! and 4 ths school administration should provide them with some safe lockers in order lighten the burden !!!! Mehwish Khan
Pakistan
Nov 10th 2011

Abdullah Mujahid
heavy bag doesn't mean you can learn more knowledge than less no. of books in your bags. they should be given bag which may be easy to carry not tough. Abdullah Mujahid
Pakistan
Nov 8th 2011

Zainab  Javaid
no ways Zainab Javaid
Pakistan
Nov 5th 2011

Mustafa Shakil
no.............never.......... Mustafa Shakil
Saudi Arabia
Nov 2nd 2011

Sarah Aquil
NOOOOOOOOOOO! Sarah Aquil
Pakistan
Nov 2nd 2011

Afraah Shaikh
i think that they should not carry heavy bags. the solution is that they should keep the books which are needed for the day and remove the books which are not needed.this can reduce the weight and the bag will be light. Afraah Shaikh
Saudi Arabia
Oct 31st 2011

Arshia Tahir
some children carry heavy bags to show that they study very much .. .but its gud to keep one self out of pain. Arshia Tahir
Pakistan
Oct 11th 2011

Peace I
no!! Peace I
Pakistan
Oct 3rd 2011

Manal Imran
No...Cuz than the child's back will start hurting and then he will walk like an old man..... Manal Imran
Pakistan
Sep 29th 2011

Bint Waseem Mughal
IT DEPENDS ON THEIR BOOKS N NOTEBOOKS.....IF THEY R HAVING MANY BOOKS THEN OF COURSE THE BAGS BE HEAVY! Bint Waseem Mughal
United Arab Emirates
Sep 29th 2011

Bareera Khalid
NoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOooOoooOoOooOooOoOoOO!!!!! Bareera Khalid
Pakistan
Sep 23rd 2011

Muhammad Shafeh Ul Haq
Not at all.Students should carry low weighted bags because of heavy bags they can have a bad effect on their shoulder. Muhammad Shafeh Ul Haq
Qatar
Sep 23rd 2011

Khushbukht Javid
No!!!!!!They should take trolley bag just like me.I take trolley bag because I got my back a pain.It is sooooo pain. Khushbukht Javid
Pakistan
Sep 14th 2011

Fatema Zari
For gaining something you have to loose something.For good knowledge you have to take heavy bags to school !! Fatema Zari
United States
Sep 14th 2011

Osama Baig
Not at all ..... !! Students should be treated as students. Not as animals carrying load. It is the responsibility of schools that they should provide lockers to the students so that they can put there books and copies there... And carry on only those books to school for which assignment is given ! Osama Baig
Pakistan
Sep 14th 2011

No One
it,s not right but if u keep your books according to the time table and donot carry un necassary stuff.so the bag will not be happy. No One
Pakistan
Sep 11th 2011

Yamna Izhar Ahmed
it is not necessary to carry heavy bags.children can keep their books according to the time table.i know some children who were disable and could not carry bags,they left the school.well some children carry unnecessary stuff and make it difficult to carry the bag. Yamna Izhar Ahmed
Saudi Arabia
Sep 9th 2011

Muhammad Ahmad
i think no Muhammad Ahmad
Pakistan
Sep 9th 2011

Ghumaisa Usmani
Ideally children should not carry heavy bags.But the size and wieght of books is so much that despite of all effort the bags become heavy. Ghumaisa Usmani
Pakistan
Sep 5th 2011

Anees  Fatima
No,schooling does not need heavy bags, just polish the students mentally and practically.they only need basic and essential books Anees Fatima
Pakistan
Sep 5th 2011

Abdur-Rahman Feroze
If its too heavy they should use the pulling bags Abdur-Rahman Feroze
Saudi Arabia
Sep 5th 2011

L .T
No,They should not carry heavy bags coz it will result as pain in shoulders,and if the child can afford the weight so its OK.And if the bag would be too heavy for child so the child will have pain and will not study(coz of pain) L .T
Pakistan
Sep 4th 2011

Hussan Tahir
yes Hussan Tahir
Pakistan
Sep 4th 2011

Tuaseen Zafar
no.....its a very bad thing of teachers that they say to students to cum wid all books which needed or not needed...:(...if children ll carry heavy bags...an automatic pain ll start in their shoulders & backbones... Tuaseen Zafar
Pakistan
Sep 3rd 2011

Hadiya Aqeel
no they should take only the books are needed in school Hadiya Aqeel
Pakistan
Sep 2nd 2011

Salwa Imtiaz
no student are should not have to carry the heavy bags...it causes pain in the shoulders or in back bone...:( i am advising all of you to never carry that it can be dangerous as i have a dangerous back pane....it's really bad..:'( even i can't sit because of it...but now MASHA ALLAH i am healthy after a helpful doctor's treatment Salwa Imtiaz
Pakistan
Sep 1st 2011

Wafa Waheed
I think students should carry heavy bags. Wafa Waheed
Pakistan
Aug 29th 2011

Xerac Akhtar
no i think students should not carry heavy bags and should take only the books needed. Xerac Akhtar
Pakistan
Aug 27th 2011

Maham Shahzad
a weak and unhealthy student certainly takes it as a burden. nobody is able to correct them. the solution is in their on hands. Maham Shahzad
Qatar
Aug 27th 2011

Noreen Khalily
I THINK ST UDENTS DID NOT CARRY HAVY BAGS IT IS NOT GOOD FOR THERE HEALTH Noreen Khalily
Pakistan
Aug 26th 2011

Noreen Khalily
should we play doll games Noreen Khalily
Pakistan
Aug 26th 2011

Izza Waheed
thoze who r baad in studiezzzzz!!!! that's a punishment Izza Waheed
Pakistan
Aug 25th 2011

Maria Wasti
No in the morning the children's body get a little week because because they r not fresh and in morning they don't like to eat much so if they carry heavy bags their shoulder and their back bone goes out of shape Maria Wasti
Austria
Aug 24th 2011

Abeera Tariq
I think carrying heavy school bags ruin the shape of our backs so there should be a way in which a student carries light bags to school like there should be some storage area for the students in the school or the students should have light schedule everyday..... Abeera Tariq
Pakistan
Aug 23rd 2011

Mahnoor Khalid
No, the school students should not carry heavy bags because at the morning time the children are very active and they have power of learn something and to do school work but due to carry heavy bags in school there muscles do not work and they can't write perfectly and they tired in morning. Mahnoor Khalid
Pakistan
Aug 21st 2011

Mairah Ahmed
i think that children should'nt carry heavy bag bcoz it will effect their muscles and they will have to do exersion.so they should pack their bags according to the time table. Mairah Ahmed
Pakistan
Aug 21st 2011

Subha Mujtaba
I suggest that students should pack there backs according to the time table so neither they'll have much burden and neither they'll have a muscles problem... :D Subha Mujtaba
Pakistan
Aug 20th 2011

Maryam Aamir
I think children should not carry heavy bags.They should pack there bags according to timetable.They should remove extra books and notebooks if they didn't have the class of that particular subject. Maryam Aamir
Saudi Arabia
Aug 17th 2011

Aisha Abdul Quddus
I think that carrying heavy bags is not necessary for young kids as they can have many back and shoulder problems. In some schools in Qatar, you can never ever bring books and notebooks home, they always stay in school, you only get homework books, Even there parents haven't seen there books. Aisha Abdul Quddus
Qatar
Aug 17th 2011

Bareera Khalid
I think Children should not carry heavy bags as it will effect their muscles and bones of shoulders.Children have to pack their bag according to their time table .sometimes naughty boys put their toys in their bags.Then the bag become heavy and difficult to carry.Toys also interrupt their studies.Mothers and teacher should the bag of children daily. Bareera Khalid
Pakistan
Aug 17th 2011

Noreen Khalily
CRICKET CRICKET IS VERY REFRESHING GAME AND ITS AN EXERSISE IT IS VERY GOOD FOR OUR HELTH NOREENKHALILY Noreen Khalily
Pakistan
Aug 17th 2011

Iman Fatima
In my opinion children should have books in their bags according to the timetable.They should not have extra things in the bag that are not needed.If still the bag is heavy so it means that the books are heavy.By a heavy bag you might have back pain.I suggest that there should be lockers in every school so that the children could keep some books and things in the locker. It would be very easy for everyone. Iman Fatima
Pakistan
Aug 17th 2011

Noreen Khalily
HEY Noreen Khalily
Pakistan
Aug 16th 2011

Farzan Junaid
Children must take the bags according to the time table or they will get a punishment. Farzan Junaid
Pakistan
Aug 16th 2011

Maryam Fatima
it is not important to carry heavy bags because schools are for learning not for carrying heavy bags Maryam Fatima
Pakistan
Aug 15th 2011

Maryam Fatima
from my point of view children should not carry heavy bags schools are for learning not for carrying heavy bags Maryam Fatima
Pakistan
Aug 15th 2011

Usama Sakrani
children should not carry heave bags because they can have pain in their shoulders which can cause a lot of trouble Usama Sakrani
Uganda
Aug 14th 2011

Ayesha Azhar
no because it will be painful for there backs. Ayesha Azhar
Saudi Arabia
Aug 14th 2011

Directioner Forever Assawer T.
No school children should not carry heavy bags.... Books should only be carried according to the timetable......... I think all children should do what I prefer i.e. take only notebooks & share textbooks with friends/classmates..... But also teachers should take away the textbooks & students should only keep note books with them as to write important notes Directioner Forever Assawer T.
Saudi Arabia
Aug 14th 2011

Urooj Usmani
I think students should take books according to their time table becoz I have seen students carrying all books and copies and If school have locker than this is best! Urooj Usmani
Pakistan
Aug 14th 2011

Bushra Naim
afcourse not....there should be a locker in school for keeping heavey things... Bushra Naim
Pakistan
Aug 14th 2011

Shazma Iqbal
It depends on class that in which class the student is ! If there is a higher class obviously books will be more!! and children should have bags acoording to their health Shazma Iqbal
Saudi Arabia
Aug 14th 2011

Ibrahim Malik
NO childrens should be not carrying heavy bags because it can affect thier height,s and yes i am with Maryam Sohail in short terms yes we should have a loker in our school like the school,s in abroad have.......!!!! Ibrahim Malik
Pakistan
Aug 14th 2011

Maham Shahzad
it depends on the school course. and the weight of the books too. bags should be packed according to the timetable. but for those who love to study and go to school lyk me, dont care abt heavy bags, nomatter my bag ripps off. Maham Shahzad
Qatar
Aug 14th 2011

Aliza Syed
no its not good for small children 2 carry heavy bags, the school must look fir it, well nice topic, i m glad peoople care 4 children also. :-) Aliza Syed
Pakistan
Aug 14th 2011

Maryam Sohail
I think that children should not carry heavy bags.I pack my bag according to the timetable but still my bag is so heavy. The reason is my books are so heavy!! I think that there should be a locker for students and they should keep their books in them but if there is a test or any homework,then they can take their specific book and notebook to home!! Maryam Sohail
Pakistan
Aug 13th 2011

Rida Abbasi
its DEPEND ON COURSE ... Rida Abbasi
Pakistan
Aug 12th 2011

Fakiha Khan
not necssary A.T. me .one must have essential books Fakiha Khan
Pakistan
Aug 11th 2011

Wasia Ahmad
I think that children should not carry heavy bags.I pack my bag according to the timetable but still my bag is so heavy. The reason is my books are so heavy!! I think that there should be a separate locker for every student and they should keep their books in them but if there is a test or any homework,then they can take their specific book and notebook to home!! Wasia Ahmad
Pakistan
Aug 11th 2011

Mishal Mazhar
It is not necessary for school children to carry heavy bags.It is in a way,according to the child if he/she wants to as it is up to him/her that he/she sets his/her bag according to the school timetable,and if he/she put some extra things,the bag would automatically become heavy. Mishal Mazhar
Pakistan
Aug 11th 2011

post reply   back
Bookmark and Share

Close